Lawrence Farmers’ Market is hiring for a Part-Time Market Manager for the 2022 Season!
Job Description: The Lawrence Farmers’ Market is seeking an energetic and passionate Market Manager. We run a Saturday morning market April – November and a Tuesday afternoon/evening market May – October. This person must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work independently. This is a part-time position averaging 20-25 hours per week, although actual hours will vary by season. Rate is $15/hr. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to the Director of Development, Emily Lysen, at email@example.com.
This position is open until filled.
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (785) 505-0117.
Applicant must have excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to be tactful, personable, and enthusiastic.
Applicant must have strong organizational skills and a close attention to detail.
Applicant must have strong leadership skills to direct a diverse group forward.
Applicant must possess web publication, social media, and website management skills (Meta’s Business Suite (Facebook and Instagram), MailChimp, WordPress, etc).
Applicant must be comfortable using Excel, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite.
Applicant must be comfortable using both PC and Apple products.
Applicant must be a creative self-starter with the ability to initiate and implement projects.
Applicant having fundraising experience is preferred.
The Market Manager works with the Lawrence Farmers Market Board of Directors, other Market Staff, the vendors, community officials, and the public to help make the market a vibrant, exciting place to be.
- Ensure smooth operation of the Market by communicating and enforcing all rules and regulations, mediating disputes, and responding to complaints.
- Plan (during the off season) and orchestrate (during the season) special events, including scheduling entertainment and community groups for the markets.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of annual market events, including Holiday Market.
- Prepare and close down Market sites for the season.
- Set up, run, and close down the Saturday morning Market and the Tuesday afternoon Market.
- Plan and implement fundraising/membership drives, meet with individual donors, and liaise with partners and corporate sponsors during both the season and off season.
- Work with the Board of Directors and appointed committees to assist in seasonal objectives.
- Maintain a vendor directory, vendor guidelines, and distribute a monthly vendor newsletter.
- Administer the Double Up Food Bucks program.
- Submit agenda items and monthly manager’s report to the Board chair for monthly Board meetings.
- Attend monthly Board meetings (first Monday of the month, 6:30-8:30pm)
- Work with other Market Staff to help create and implement seasonal marketing plans.
- Hire Market Assistants to assist with cash register/Square/EBT at the Saturday Market.
- Develop and execute content for social media in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Keep the Market website updated and current.
- Keep other online locations updated and current (directories, Google, etc.).
Please check back in the future for employment opportunities with our vendors…