LAWRENCE FARMERS’ MARKET
The Lawrence Farmers’ Market is seeking an energetic and passionate Market Manager. We run a Saturday morning market April – November and a Tuesday afternoon/evening market May – October. This person must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work independently. This is a part time position averaging 20 hours per week, although actual hours will vary by season. Rate is $15/hr. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled. Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com or by phone at (785) 505-0117.
Applicant must have excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to be tactful, personable, and enthusiastic.
Applicant must have strong organizational skills and a close attention to detail.
Applicant must have strong leadership skills to direct a diverse group forward.
Applicant must possess web publication, social media, and website management skills.
Applicant must be comfortable using Excel and Microsoft Office.
Applicant must be a creative self-starter with the ability to initiate and implement projects.
The Market Manager works with the Lawrence Farmers Market Board of Directors, other Market Staff, the vendors, community officials, and the public to help make the market a vibrant, exciting place to be. Manager responsibilities include:
- Ensure smooth operation of the Market by communicating and enforcing all rules and regulations, mediating disputes, and responding to complaints.
- Plan (during the off season) and orchestrate (during the season) special events, including scheduling musicians and community groups for Saturday Market.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of annual market events, including Holiday Market.
- Compose and send weekly customer newsletters.
- Prepare Market sites for the season.
- Set up, run, and close down the Saturday morning Market and the Tuesday afternoon Market.
- Work with the Board of Directors and appointed committees to assist in seasonal objectives.
- Maintain a vendor directory, vendor guidelines, and distribute a weekly vendor newsletter.
- Administer the Double Up Food Bucks program.
- Submit agenda items and monthly manager’s report to Board chair for monthly Board meetings.
- Work with other Market Staff to help create and implement seasonal marketing plans.
- Develop and execute content for social media and the Market website.