There are no jobs available with the Lawrence Farmers’ Market.
Please check below for opportunities with our vendors:
Pendleton’s Country Market
MELLOWFIELDS FARM EMPLOYMENT – HARVEST AND WASH/PACK ASSISTANT
1551 N. 1550 Rd., Lawrence KS 66046 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mellowfields Farm began in 2009 in the city of Lawrence, growing vegetables for a small CSA and farmers market on empty lots, including the city of Lawrence’s Common Ground Program. In 2017, Mellowfields bought 5 acres just on the eastern edge of Lawrence and continued to grow for market and CSA as well as a growing list of wholesale accounts. Our production methods are certified organic and we are dedicated to growing the health of our soil. In turn this produces healthy and nutritious vegetables. We strive to produce the highest quality produce possible.
We are seeking an individual to join our fast paced, fun-loving team with an emphasis on the harvest, washing, and packing of orders. This is a part-time position, with the potential for full-time for the right candidate. The candidate should be interested in increasing their skills and knowledge of local food production. Candidates with experience working in food related or physical jobs outdoors (farming, restaurants, landscaping, construction, etc.) will be given preference.
• Start date is August 16th
• Typical work day is 7-8 hours with a paid 30 minute lunch. Start and end times may fluctuate with the season.
• 20-35 hours per week, August 11th – Oct 31st, schedule TBD.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Harvesting for orders
• Produce washing and packing: sorting, bagging, packing, labeling
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cultivation and maintenance of crops
• Potential to participate in Saturday farmers market and other sales/deliveries
• Attention to detail
• Positive and energetic disposition with strong interpersonal skills
• Punctuality and strong time management skills
• Strong back with the ability to lift heavy and awkward objects
• Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
• Fast learner and ability to adapt to new positions and working with new people
• Ability to take direction, accept constructive feedback and ask for help when needed
• Ability to work at a steady pace in all weather
• Ability to perform and endure repetitive physical work
• Strong mental math skills
• Starting pay: $11.50 -12.50/hr, based on experience
• Direct deposit available.
• Free food- as many farm seconds as available
Download Application HERE
Completed applications can be emailed to Mellowfields@gmail.com or mailed to:
1551 N 1550 Rd, Lawrence KS 66046
The job is two days per week and involves all aspects of taking live birds to packaged food product. It is simple yet challenging work. It involves delving deeply into one of the most profound human activities of turning a live animal into food.
You get to work with kind, passionate, and dedicated people for respectable wages. Experience would be a bonus, but is not necessary as we will provide all training on the job.
If you are, or someone you know might be interested in joining us in this important work, please contact Phil by text or phone call at 785-691-9147, or email email@example.com for a complete job description and details. We look forward to hearing from you.
Anthony’s Beehive The Bee Store is looking for a part-time person with special skills who can help us make our store more inviting, cleaner, and more shoppable. To make the position more appealing as well as mutually beneficial, we are offering opportunities to simultaneously build your own brand using our certified kitchen, store space, Amazon presence, and distribution. The actual arrangement will be creative, flexible, and beneficial to both of us.
Inquire by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our booth on Saturday
JET Produce and Meats
We are looking for motivated, hard-working people who love to work outdoors and are not afraid to get dirty. Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Must be able to get to and from work, valid driver’s license is preferred. Must be willing to work hard and sweat. Previous experience with vegetable gardening/farming is preferred, but not required. Schedule is flexible, but this is a year ’round position with a wide array of farm tasks to complete. Wage dependent upon experience and ability, starting pay is $9/hr.
Stop by the farm store Monday-Saturday 10-6 for an application.(26617 Tonganoxie Rd Leavenworth, KS 66048)
Harvesting vegetable and fruit crops
Planting and tending vegetable crops
Washing & sorting vegetables
Tending/ trellising plants in high tunnels
Assist with care of livestock (chickens, pigs, sheep, cattle)
Cleaning up plant debris at end of season
Planting in greenhouse
Water in/ around greenhouses
Fertilize greenhouses and high tunnels
Gives tours of farm to customers
General farm care and upkeep
Z&M Twisted Vines
Various positions open at our Vineyard location 24305 Loring Rd.
We are looking for flexible, hardworking people to join our twisted team!
If you are interested contact us at:
785-551-1824 or email@example.com